24 HOUR RAP-A-THON
This Friday, I will be doing a 24 Hour Rap-A-Thon to raise money for the laptop and tons of stuff I lost after my friend’s car got broken into in St. Louis. We lost everything. And I need a laptop to tour, make music, or really do anything in my career as a nerdcore indie rapper.
More details below:
HOW DOES A 24 HOUR RAPATHON WORK?
1. On Friday, August 24, 2012, I will wake up and sign online and timestamp myself.
2. For the next 24 Hours I will make as many songs as I can from complete scratch. No pre-writing, no pre-beat finding, nothing. Just fresh and new, me making music off the dome.
3. As fast as I can make the music, I will throw it up online for everyone to enjoy in real time.
4. People can pledge in two ways: one, a lump sum donation. But c’mon, the more fun way: you pledge a dollar amount per song that I will finish in 24 Hours. After the 24 Hours is over, I will invoice you via paypal to pay the amount (you are free to set a cap on your donation).
5. After the 24 Hours is done, I will burn a Rap-A-Thon CD with all the music made during this day, and send a signed copy and some free swag to everyone who pledges any amount. K has also agreed to make you something too.
6. My friend K will be blogging and tweeting this whole event in real time at @WarRockRapathon. We are working on possibly getting a uStream video up on the site.
7. We are seeking to raise enough money to replace our laptops, which is basically in the vicinity of $2,000. Any and all money raised over that amount will be donated to RAINN, the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization (b/c we were in Missouri, and screw you Todd Akin).
Help my friends out y’all. Thieves, I hope you die alone.